Inspiring Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Analogy and Thanks

A person's mental and emotional system is like a computer. Close or intimate relationships are like giving accounts to others to your computer. Everything's dandy if you have proper privileges (emotional boundaries) set. If not, you've allowed yourself to become vulnerable to the whims of your account holders. Now, you can either trust that all the account holders in your life won't mess with your system or you can create healthy emotional boundaries so that if a toxic account holder gets access, they can't do squat.

I just thought of that today and thought I'd share.

Thank you to all for the supportive comments to my inner child post! You all have brought much peace to me, I truly appreciate it! I may post later, hopefully I'll get a nap and some coloring in for ME! *hugs to all*

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much what a brilliant analogy. Boundaries are vital aren't they? I remember how insulted and immature I felt when my therapist taught me that a lack of boundaries was one of my symptoms. Then it was so empowering and felt so different when I started creating them.
    What do you do to set them up for yourself?
    This could be some really great posting huh?

    I hope your nap is relaxing and just what you need.
    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow now thats an impressive description pretty cool think we might pinch it ;)

    and thankyou also for your continued support of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your analogy has shown me my limited English and I needed some time to ponder. I love it, it is to the point.
    Thanks for always been there. Million of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great analogy! Blessings dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words all! Analogies help me think of things in a more positive light. Another one I thought of recently was dealing with issues is like farming up a weedy field. You have to plow up the weeds by their roots and replant something good (and pretty like sunflowers)!

    ReplyDelete