A number of months ago, I stumbled about this blog while search for something to do with negative assumptions. This is the post I found: From Negative Assumptions to Autonomy.
When I found that blog, I started poking through the archive and looking at other related blogs. While it was difficult to read about trauma so many have gone through, it truly opened my eyes to the horrors of child abuse. Previously, I realized it was terrible and that it happened, but I never imagined the tragic things that could be done and that it happens so much more often than I thought.
It has been such an inspiration to see so many people dealing with what's happened to them. That takes so much courage and determination. I also respect how so many are speaking out on the horror that is child abuse. Imagine if the cycle of abuse could be broken, how much better the world would be!
Mainly, this blog was created so that I could give comments of support to others. There has been so many times I wanted to comment to a post with an encouraging word or to say I had similar feelings. I also wanted to share what articles and links I have found as many of the issues I have found in myself are related to what it seems many others face.
I myself had quite a bit of emotional abuse both at home and at school. There may have been some sexual abuse, but if so, my mind has it locked up.
I hope that I can provide some useful information here. Thanks for visiting!
Dear one, thank you for being open about yourself in this post. The blog you are referring to is a wonderful blog of survivors!!!
ReplyDeleteI am truly so very sorry for the abuse you have endured in your past. I can only pray for your healing. Blessings!
I am glad that I found your very new blog. Welcome in the world of not "just" blogs but insights, fear, compassion, hope, fun, laughter and plenty of new friends. I am sure you will find your bloggings shoes ;-)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about your abuse. Many of us use blogging as part of therpay. I am survivor of child abuse myself, however I went to therpay and I am still work in progress and always will be ;-) My "left over's" is this people pleasing part and my codependent tendencies. Yes our seriousness and often withdrawn behaviour among others unfortunately is not a trait of us but a sympton of our codependency. Hug across the pond.
Thank you both for the kind words! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteWow, how cool is this? Thanks for the link. And thanks for sharing why you started this blog. Kudos!
ReplyDelete