Inspiring Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Codependency Overview

Linkie Link

I found the above web page with a nice comprehensive overview on the what, how, and why about codependency. A few weeks ago, I learned about codependency.

Over the last year or so, I have done a lot of reading about various issue-related topics. Thus, I've learned quite a bit about overzealous idealism and perfectionism, assertiveness, the importance of self-esteem, and the impact of abuse. However, it was when I learned about codependency that I developed an overall understanding of myself and what issues I have. I was amazed at how many of the symptoms I have, it fits so well.

What was new to me about that link was the mention of a lack of fun or playfulness in a codependent person. I did not realize that my seriousness and my avoidance to social and fun events may be part of my codependence.

No comments:

Post a Comment