Inspiring Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 12, 2009

A Question

Since I have never been to professional therapy of any sort, I would like to pose a question to any that have. When that hour or whatever time period is up, how do you pick yourself up for the rest of the day? Do therapists make sure you are calm and collected before you leave?

I wonder this because I for one cannot just pick myself up as though I wasn't just talking about something troubling or painful. Unless I get that topic somewhat resolved, usually temporarily, I have a difficult time functioning. I cannot get wound up or breakdown just partially without having a good cry or talking it out.

So, I was just wondering what approaches there are and what seems to help. I realize this blog is new and does not have a lot of viewers but the question came to me and I had to put it somewhere. In the future, feel free to comment to this old post as I'll still be interested in the future.


Thanks for any input whatsoever!

3 comments:

  1. Dear one, all I can suggest to you.... as all of us are different, including the therapist you choose, is that if you do go for counselling, be up front right away. Share your concerns. Even when you make the initial appointment via phone, to whom you even talk to, tell them your concerns and if possible if you could speak to the therapist or have them relay the message to them what you struggle with if you are unable to compose yourself before a resolution if found after a session. Dear one, unfortunatly there are no "quick fixes." Healing takes time. If you do go, hopefully you will have a qualified therapist who will be able to equip you with "tools" to cope with whatever you are dealing with to get by and to eventually heal!!!

    I hope I helped somewhat.

    Blessings dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment JBR! That is some sound advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it helps dear one. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete