This month, I will be hosting the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse. The submission deadline is Wednesday, February 17th. The carnival will be on display Friday, February 19th. As this month is the month of my birthday, I am suggesting birthdays as a theme.
Birthdays are a reminder of our entrance into this world. Thus, birthdays may have an effect on abuse or the healing from such abuse. For me, birthdays have a bittersweet impression because of this. Additional tension and conflict during birthdays, resentment and guilt doled out, and a gratitiude for being alive are all associated to birthdays for me.
By no means is one required to submit something birthday-related. All are welcome! The categories for the entries are advocacy & awareness, aftermath, art therapy, healing & therapy, in-the-news, poetry and survivor stories. To enter an entry, please visit this link!
With each carnival, there is more advocacy against child abuse. The impact of such abuse on children, adults, and society as a whole is quite devastating. My hope for this world is the lessening of child abuse with each generation. I am happy to do whatever it takes to make that possible.
I am super excited to host this month and see what everyone submits! Thank you in advance for any submissions you feel comfortable sending!
Alright, IK! Good announcement post! I will put a permalink to this over at our listing at Blog Carnival's info page. You're going to be a GREAT host! Thanks!
ReplyDeletethank you IK for hosting. and thanks for coming up with such a great topic :)
ReplyDelete