This morning, I was listening to Mandy Moore's song, Can't You Just Adore Her. It got me thinking about my need to feel accepted and loved. As always, when I turn a love song toward myself, it makes me think more about my behavior. Why can I just adore myself? Yes, I do need to change how I react and how I treat myself and others. But why can't I just enjoy the rest of myself? I've been thinking as of late about some current events. I've pegged a lot of it down to a negative self-image. I seem to project this on to other people. I will have to post more about this and some material I found.
I have been having some hectic days as of late. I may not seem very active. I do read and I'm about. I'm thinking of you all! Have a good week! *hugs* <3
P.S. Ok, I can't help it. I found this link a couple of days ago. It discusses an interesting pattern of how jealousy results from insecurity and can result in an attempt to control others. It discusses false beliefs and negative self-image as reasons for jealousy (and in some cases anger).
thanks for the link, and for writing about this today. i have been thinking about these things lately as i had a rough couple of days related to acceptance issues.
ReplyDeleteone thing i've found is that even if good stuff is going on with me and i have positive interactions with some people, but then one bad thing happens, it's hard not to focus completely on that and feel bad about myself, even when i may have done nothing wrong. but i perceive it so.
wishing you lots of self-love~~
HI IK, I think you are really special... I think you have a great heart and you feel a lot. Stay strong... I think you're awesome. Sarah
ReplyDeletekatie - It is funny how one negative thing can eclipse what positive things happen. I have been trying to focus on the positive as much as I can intentionally. I hope I can switch what kind of interactions I focus more on.
ReplyDeletesarah - Goodness, what kind words from such a sweet person! I think you are awesome too!