Over the past week or so, I have had a series of events that have shaken me up rather badly. I have let myself be consumed by fear. Fear of the past, fear of people, and most of all, fear of angering people. Feeling as though I had disappointed and angered so many people lately for doing what I want or reacting in a way they didn't want, I broke down and withdrew into myself. Memories sprang up from when I was little and when I had my first romantic relationship. I was overwhelmed with so many emotions: anger, sadness, grief, shame, apathy, and FEAR. Fear has always been my shadow, but I had forgotten just how badly it affects me.
Throughout healing, I have had times of weeping and despair. Times when I say I should just give up, yet that's not what I really think. This time, however, I felt an apathy and despair about healing and such that I have never known. For days, I was hopeless. I cried so much and just did not care about myself at all.
Then, one night, something within me forced me to embrace myself. In my mind were the words, I love you. Things were going to be ok. Don't give up! The tears I were crying were now of joy. All this time of working on me, of self-care, and of finally starting to love myself had left a little part of me that didn't want to give up on me. It was like a roaring fire that had been extinguished was now lit with a itty bitty flame. That flame has grown into a steady little fire. It's not roaring yet, but it's coming back!
Usually, during less severe times, I would seek out a friend. However, I realized that whatever happiness came from that came from me making my friend happy. I wanted to start the fire myself, not to be dependent on another firestarter. That moment showed me that I can soothe myself, my own love is enough. This is very important, as for so long I have sought approval and love from others. Also, I have been tired and foggy during this time, so I haven't felt very social.
I should also note that I am getting close to my period. I believe I have PMDD. Thus, some of this can be attributed to that. I have recently learned that STRESS plays a huge role in how I feel during this time, both emotionally and physically. The last month or so has been especially stressful and so I'm sure that is also a part of this.
Thank you for the kind words I have received! I know I haven't been very active so I really appreciate the time!
It is an incredible feeling to see and feel this sparkle. becoming aware that whatever we frightenend and burdened ourselves with there is this sparkle inside us who let us seek the fire of life. I am so glad for you. Welcome back at the fire.
ReplyDeleteThis is just such an amazing testimony of how hard you have worked. I am joyous to know that you have been able to experience loving yourself. You Are Enough!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting when I have not been able to reciprocate. Your kindness has been cherished.
One day I hope we can all meet and see each other face to face what a joy filled day that will be.
♥
I used to have really bad PMS with out of control mood swings, pain, fainting. I just get a little bit emotional now that is all. It is something I accept as part of myself and it doesn't control me. It doesn't get in the way of my life *too much*.
ReplyDeleteThere is always hope that things will improve and get better. If that's what you want it can happen.
Best wishes :)
Wondering how you are doing. Hugs across the pond
ReplyDelete